WHY CHOOSE US?
The speed of technology advancement in the field of medical sciences is the most important factor that is nowadays considered very effective in facilitating the advancement of the treatment process. This hospital is hospitalized more than 3,000 patients from across the country, using advanced paraclinical treatment systems. Also, using of senior Physicians with high academic ability, appropriate insurance coverage, proper location and space and other factors play a special role in selection of this center by patients. It should be noted that the existence of dedicated website as well as the benefits of modern information technologies have provided an opportunity for patients to make informed choices.
Rasoul Akram Complex is a public teaching hospital and Medical Research Center which was founded in 1964, in Tehran, Iran. Since then with outstanding teams working together it has delivered the best possible care to the patient as well as training of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
By 1992, the hospital was expanded to a Complex. This Hospital Complex is now a major educational center affiliated with Iran University of Medical Sciences.
This 640-bed Complex currently has 234 distinguished physicians in various subspecialty fields of medicine with 423 residents and fellowships.
In 2017, the hospital received the certificate of accreditation from the Ministry of Health as a Grade 1 hospital.
This Complex offers a wide range of special services such as Cochlear implantation, Ocular Oncology, Laparoscopic surgery, Organ Procurement Unit (OPU), Endoscopy, Orthopedic Surgery, Neurosurgery and Bronchoscopy
Facilities and services:
- The Complex is composed of 28 wards providing comprehensive range of medical services in nearly all major specialties such as: Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Pediatrics, Orthopedic Surgery, Nephrology, Neurosurgery, Neurology, Cardiology, Cardiac surgery, Gastroenterology, General Surgery, Urology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Rheumatology, Pulmonary disease, Hematology, Infectious Disease, Dermatology and Psychiatry.
- It also has special care units and acute services such as the following: Emergency department, Pediatric Intensive care unit, Surgical Intensive care unit, Internal Medicine Intensive care unit, Neonatal Intensive care unit, Neurosurgery intensive care unit and Cardiovascular Intensive care unit.
These clinics are designed exclusively for outpatient care in all fields of medicine. All services are provided under the supervision of the attending physicians.
Diagnostic and Imaging Services:
- Echocardiography (Echo) (adults and pediatrics)
- Transcranial Doppler (TCD), 1.5 Tesla
- CT (Computed Tomography) scan
- Digital Radiography (Digital X-ray imaging)
- Doppler Ultrasound
- MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Exercise Tolerance Test (ETT)
- Pulmonary Function Tests (PFT)
- Allergy Tests
- Nuclear Medicine
- Electrophyiology tests
- General Operating Room equipped with 10 beds
- Eye and Neurosurgery Operating Room equipped with 12 beds
- Ear, Nose and Throat Operating Room equipped with 5 beds
General surgery; breast cancer surgery; colorectal surgery; thoracic surgery; Urology and kidney transplantation surgery (adults and pediatrics); Orthopedic surgery including: Hand, Knee (total knee replacement and Arthroscopy surgery), Hip and Spine; Cardiovascular surgery; Eye surgeries including LASIK and Corneal graft; Dermatologic surgery; Otolaryngology surgeries including Cochlear implant; Skull base surgery; Head and Neck surgery (cancers, thyroid); Obstetrics and Gynecology surgery; Minimally-invasive surgeries; Neurosurgery, Parkinson’s surgery ((Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) );Vascular surgery; Obesity surgery; and Plastic surgeries
IPD (International Patients Department):
For providing and facilitating all medical services to international patients, this Complex has allocated a newly designed ward with 15 beds.
Rasoul Akram Medical, Educational and Research Complex, as one of the affiliated units of Iran University of Medical Sciences, plays an important part in fulfilling the defined missions for the health system of the country.
The complex, with effective organizational leadership and reliance on human resources competencies and focusing on health system transformation plans, has followed the instruction and responded with these issues:
- Providing safe diagnostic and treatment services based on patients need.
- Proper training of specialist human resources in medical and paramedical fields
- Producing effective knowledge through research in health related fields
It will be the top training hospital in the country in providing quality and safe diagnostic services to clients, training human resources, and producing research-based knowledge
Preserving human dignity
Strategic approach in problem solving
Maximum efficiency of available resources